The GoPal® solution
- Company: TRECO A/S
- Country: Denmark
- Employees: 240+
- Industry: Metal production
- Website: www.treco.dk
- Transporting materials from warehouse to production line
- Transporting empty packaging from production line to warehouse
- Short implementation time
- Safe, reliable, and efficient pallet transport
- Robot automatically delivers materials on time to the production line (i.e., no more pre-loaded pallets taking up space in the production area)
- Non-warehouse staff do not need to enter warehouse anymore
- Transfer of one full-time employee to more important and value-adding tasks
TRECO is a Danish company specializing in project- and customer specific metal production, and a global manufacturer of customized postal products.
The company has always been interested in innovative technology so when they came across the GoPal solution, they quickly calculated an ROI.
The result was an eye-opener and TRECO immediately decided to deploy a GoPal solution – a solution which has since become an integral and important part of the company’s internal logistics.
TRECO has always been interested in new and innovative technology, so when they learned about the GoPal autonomous mobile robots, they decided to do a quick ROI calculation.
TRECO discovered that more than 7 hours per day were spent by simply having one employee pick materials in the warehouse and then manually transport the materials from the warehouse to the production line (often only to return with an empty pallet) - while experiencing various interruptions along the way.
The conclusion was clear: with a calculated ROI of less than 18 months, a GoPal solution would not only automate these tasks, but would also enable TRECO to transfer one full-time employee to perform more important and value-adding tasks within the company.
TRECO decided to deploy a GoPal 400 AMR, ten pallet stations, three pallet conveyor stations and multiple Call Buttons to automate the following tasks:
1. Transport materials from the warehouse to the production line (consisting of three robot welding machines).
2. Transport empty packaging from the production line to the warehouse. When the pallet is fully loaded, the production line operator calls the robot using the GoPal Call Button. The robot arrives and transports the pallet from the production line to the warehouse.
Furthermore, as TRECO runs three production shifts, but only a single warehouse day shift, the GoPal solution provided additional benefits. Before automating their internal pallet transport, the warehouse day shift had to manually transport all the materials required for the evening and night shifts and place all the fully pre-loaded pallets close to the production line. That took up a lot of space and the pallets had to be constantly rearranged for access.
So, as part of their GoPal solution, TRECO decided to install two pallet station buffers: one at the warehouse and one at the production line. This means that the warehouse shift can now simply place all the pre-loaded pallets (for the evening and night shifts) on the warehouse pallet station buffer. When a pallet is empty at the production line, the robot transports the empty pallet to the warehouse, picks up a new fully loaded pallet and transports it to the production line. All through the evening and nights shifts.
This way, the GoPal solution automatically ensures that the required production materials are always available at the production line and without production staff having to enter the warehouse.
TRECO’s core competencies include punching, laser cutting, press brake, welding, and assembly, and the company prides itself for being your leading production partner. In 2017, TRECO successfully expanded its customer base further across the Atlantic. This expansion created the need for the GoPal solution and was a tipping stone for TRECO’s future growth. Today TRECO maintain approximately 250 employees and has production facilities reaching over 26.000 m2 in Aalestrup, Denmark.